Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween


I suddenly realized as I was eating my lunch... I forgot to do my blog! Considering how crazy things are, it's amazing this is the first time I forgot.

We spent a lot of the free time we had this week working on JT's costume. As you can see, it turned out to be pretty cool! My husband wants to keep it in his office after Halloween is over.

We had a good school week. The writing assignment about the civil war soldier has really kept his interest. He took the Lesson 100 math test, only 3 more to the end of the 3rd grade math material. Now we will be starting the chapter on units of measurement. That one may actually require a little bit of work. JT has not really covered metric yet, so those will be new concepts.

The Spanish class we signed up for has turned out to be a waste of time. I thought it would be similar to the Fine Arts podcasts that he does for Art. Instead, it's a cartoon woman, poorly animated, saying a word in Spanish and asking you to repeat it. Each one is about 5 minutes long. Very boring and slow paced. Her mouth isn't even animated to match the sounds she is making! Plus, if you pause the video, the audio and video get out of synch and she's saying, "cinco", with a picture of a 3 on the screen. I guess we'll handle Spanish on our own!

We also had a playdate this week with a family we met at a PA Cyber event. They live in our district and this is also their first year with cyber schooling. It was a nice day. It was especially nice to have someone I could connect with about previous school experiences and the new challenges of cyber school. Hopefully this will help to provide JT with the socialization everyone is so worried about!

Have a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Cool Costume!!!