Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hooray!

Today was our last classroom day for this school year. I made it through another year...only 11 more to go. !!!

Tomorrow we are taking part in a field trip to Longwood Gardens with our cyber school. I found out yesterday that the kids will be chaperoned by PACyber teachers only. Parents are not invited to stay with the groups. This unnerves me a bit. I have grown used to having my kids with me all the time. Yes, I send them to scouts and various other activities where I am not present...but this feels different. Maybe because it's in a strange place. My husband and I will still be in the gardens. The teachers will have our phone numbers. I'm not turning into an over-protective parent, am I? That will be something new to explore as the days go by.

As I did last year, I will be taking the month of June and part of July off from blogging. Mid-way through July, I'll check back in to let you know the progress I have made on my planning goals for next year. I'll also let you know if we are sticking to our summer plans for the boys.

It has been a year of great adventures. Tomorrow will be yet another...bring it on!

3 comments:

Annie Peters said...

Good for you guys!

You know, I'm not sure it's the right response, but I am not really comfortable with activities where I can't be present. Not that I will always be present. I'm just not really at peace when I can't be. So, you aren't alone.

Have a great summer!

LJS said...

I just discovered your blog and enjoy reading your posts. Will look for updates later this summer. Enjoy!

Jessica

Cyber Momma said...

Annie...it all worked out fine! EM was a bit hesitant to go with the group, but the guide from the garden was great. It was a wonderful day.

Jessica...thanks for coming to check out my blog. I look forward to hearing more from you.