Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chaos Reigns

My doctor appointment.
Allergy shot appointment.
Piano lessons.
Cub scouts.
Bible study night.
Basketball practice.
Odyssey of the Mind practice.
Trip to the library.

...Schooling?

How did I get here? I want a week, and I mean a complete 7 days, when we can stay home. I don't see it happening. Not until the middle of March. At the earliest.

Amazingly enough, we had a very productive week of learning. I think I may have set fewer goals going into this week so it felt like we accomplished more than usual. The boys both made progress in math. JT has been on an obsessive streak writing poetry. EM wrote a short but complete paragraph on volcanoes. We moved ahead in social studies and science. JT read a stack of books.

I still want a week.

If you need a break and are also a homeschooling mom, check out the Homeschool Break Room on BlogHer. Annie Peters from Learn at Every Turn has created a place for worn down mommas like us.

No comments: