Thursday, October 15, 2009

No Time

Some weeks just seem like we are doomed to accomplish nothing from the start. We came back from our trip relaxed and ready for action. Then I took out the calendar...interruptions everywhere I looked! Monday JT had a piano lesson at 2pm and EM's birthday party was that night. Tuesday we all had flu shot appointments at 1:30. Wednesday I had to be out of the house for most of the day, so JT spent his day with my dad and EM worked independently while my husband worked at home. Today we had a violin lesson scheduled for 2:30. Then a wonderful thing happened. It was canceled! Suddenly I had a free afternoon ahead of me. Plus, we had a freak snow storm (completely unheard of this time of year in our area) that gave us a half inch of heavy, wet snow. The boys were thrilled with the turn of events. They pulled the sleds from the garage and proceeded to get soaked. When they came in, we had hot chocolate. We also finally had the time to remove our eggs from their solutions and check them out. We also pulled our hot dog mummy out of his baking soda and measured and recorded the changes. Not everyone would be thrilled with our idea of fun, but we thought it was great!

So now I ask myself...how can I re-work our schedule to allow more free time? Most weeks we are cramming all of our Calvert work into the morning hours. IF we have any available time in the afternoon, we get to do the 'fun' stuff. It seems like more and more of our afternoons get scheduled with appointments and lessons. Originally I thought it was great that we could get the lessons 'out of the way' by having them in the afternoons. But now our evenings are just getting filled with other things. I'm going to need to rethink that concept. We might have to move at least one of our lessons to after school hours.

My November calendar looks fairly clear right now. I am going to work hard to keep it that way. Maybe if I'm lucky...we'll have some free time so we can actually get something done!

No comments: