Thursday, May 6, 2010

Time Will Fly

We are planning to complete our school year on May 24th. When I look at the calendar I think there is plenty of time left to finish everything on my to-do list. But I know this is an illusion. I had hoped to pack a month of fun into May. At this point, it's looking like we might have a week or two of fun...

JT is so very close to finishing his research paper. The rough draft is being composed this week. I am hoping to be printing out a final copy early next week. We started a unit on Marine Biology this week. There are quit a few hands on activities to keep us busy. EM is working on his journal a couple times a week. He has always avoided that kind of work, so I thought now that he has little 'assigned' work to complete, we can really take our time and focus on writing skills.

Speaking of writing skills...JT had an OT evaluation this week. He has been complaining of pain when writing for a couple years. I chalked it up to not enough practice. It turns out the therapist believes his 'grip of death' on the pencil is related to some upper body weakness. She gave him several exercises to work on strengthening. Hopefully, he will have an easier time in the future. For now, she recommends keeping his actual writing time to a minimum. Thanks to the cyber school allowing him the accommodation to type his compositions, that shouldn't be a big problem.

I am about to leave on a mini shopping vacation with my daughter. I am going to be gone for Friday. The boys will spend tomorrow at my parents' house. They are taking the Lego Mindstorm with them. There will be bike riding, yard work and science documentaries all day! I will have a much needed day out. :-)

No comments: